May 26, 2009

Exhausted

That is what happens after a 3 day weekend. You have to come back to work to get a break.

Friday night was awesome...we got to sit around Tommy and Cindy's pool with mom and dad and Tim and Bea and of course Tom and Cindy. It felt so good. It's really the first time for us all to just sit down and laugh and relax together in awhile. Tommy grilled some food for us. Getting over the initial sadness of passing Shirley's house to get there is really hard. Every time I drive by her house I can see her pretty face just smiling and waving at me on her deck. It makes me smile...and then cry. Once I make it to Tommy's I am o.k.

Saturday I was invited over to the other Teresa's house for a pool party. She has such a beautiful, relaxing home and swimming pool. The other girls came also and we had good food and good conversation. I got to meet Teresa's two doggies...they were adorable. They were so good that it actually gave me hope for the bad dog. Maybe someday. After I left her house, I went to visit Shirley. I bought her some memorial to put on her grave. They were purple and white and were very pretty. I told her she was all dressed up now. Had her fancy pants on. At this point she would laugh and hit me. Tell me I'm silly.

Who, by the way, got the furminator on Saturday. They took off a lot of hair. He is still shedding some, but not at all like he would if he had not had that done. He also got some quality time in at the dog park.

We spent Memorial Day at Joe and Kelly's. The kids got to swim and Joe cooked us some great food. We played some cards and had a very relaxing, enjoyable day.

So overall, a great weekend. Hope the same for all of you.

Love,

Teresa

No comments: