September 24, 2009

Dinner...

was a great time again. Teresa, Kelly, Denise, Jennifer, Linda and I all met at Johnny Carrino's last night for dinner...my high school friends. The good was good but the company was great. A couple of hours to escape... I realized as I was sitting there last night how comfortable I have become with these friends. I remember when Teresa first asked me to get together with them, how nervous I was. How lost I was without Shirley...just calling her up and asking her to go with me. Because in those situations...she was always there for me. But now...every time I leave...I find myself looking forward to the next dinner. I try to thank them for including me every time...I really hope they know how good they are for me and how much I appreciate it. They also let me talk about my grief which is obviously very good for me. And it's nice because they knew Shirley...and know how much I love her.

I feel like I am doing a lot better dealing with my grief. I have kind of turned a corner. So that is good for now. I have done a lot of thinking and I just have a really big emptiness I have to try to fill. It's great getting together with family and friends...big help. And I know that I will never fill it completely...but that is my goal. I prayed this morning about it...and I also asked Shirley for her help.

I also realized by looking back at my blog...that a year ago this week is when some of Shirley's friends started commenting on the blog. And some of them are still talking to me on here. I can't explain how good it makes to read the supportive comments. There are so many good people in the world. We need to appreciate them more.

I am really looking forward to the weekend. A couple of hours a night of sleep are just not cutting it. By Friday night I am expecting to crash.

Love,

Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun night. Try to get some rest this weekend but also some fun.

Love
Tina

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa,

I hope you sleep better tonight and have a great weekend!!

LOVE,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I love our dinners, too! Always a nice time. Have a great weekend and rest up!

Love,
Teresa