September 17, 2009

CD Player

9 months ago Shirley was in the hospital at K.U. Medical Center, in December. I was really sad that Shirley could not listen to our very favorite Christmas music...Elvis Christmas Music. So on a Saturday I ran in to my job and grabbed my CD Player off of my desk and took it up to the hospital along with my Elvis CD. This music was our favorite for as long as we could remember. We grew up with this music.

But when I got up there and put it on...she didn't want to hear it. She was too sick. She hated the noise. It made me soooo sad. So I ended up taking the CD Player back home and just sticking it on a shelf.

Today I decided I wanted to bring this back in to work so I could listen to music again at my desk. I grabbed it this morning along with my Patsy Cline CD's and headed to work. I plugged it in, opened it up...and what do I see? My Elvis CD.

An example of how Shirley affects me every single day of my life. It actually made me smile. Thinking of us listening to that music.

I have been very happy since Shirley's birthday. I think I got a lot of sadness out that day. I will be having lunch with Kathy shortly...yea!!!!

Bunco tomorrow!!!!

Love,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really great that you've been happy this week! :) It's like you had a good release on her birthday :) I'm glad you're smiling.

Love,
Tracy