December 17, 2009

One Week From Today

it will be Christmas Eve. My kids are excited...especially Kelsey. She is counting down the days. She loves Christmas so much. And she is just so innocent. Anyone who has met her knows how special she is. And last night she walked through the living room and said "Mom...eight days until Christmas"...and I said "I know honey...aren't you excited". She didn't answer. I turned around and looked at her and she had her head down. I asked her what was wrong and she said "I am sad Aunt Shirley won't be here for Christmas". I explained the best I could that Aunt Shirley would not want her to be sad and that she is much happier where she is now.

I sometimes find myself so involved with my own sadness and pain that I forget about the people around me. Especially quiet little Kelsey. But ... being the goofy little girl she is...instantly a smile came on her face, she bounced up the stairs giggling all the way to her room.

Tonight I am having dinner with my girlfriends. Tomorrow there will more shopping. And Saturday...the funnest day of all. We will do our Christmas tree tour and shop at Crown Center. Mom, Cindy, Bea, Vicky and I will all go to each other's house and look at our decorations. It's a lot of fun. We did this for a couple of years with Shirley. I will say her Santa Collection was the best.

I am very emotional and sad right now. I know this will pass. I pray that it does. I am praying for all of my family and friends to be safe and healthy. I am praying that my family will find the strength to be happy through the holidays. I know we will.

Love,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that does sound like a lot of fun going to everyones house looking at their decorations :) Every year I imagine going Christmas Light Gazing and I so want to take my niece and nephew. I imagine us going around with the Christmas music playing & having hot coco. But unfortunately it never works out the time flies and I am always stuck working late :( But it's a nice thought I always have. This year I'm really doing bad...I don't even have my Christmas cards made :( I wish time would stand still for a moment so we could really enjoy this beautiful season and the people we love.

I hope you have fun vistiting everyones house :) Don't forget to take pictures!

Love,
Tracy