December 15, 2009

I have become one of those people...

who cry during the holidays. I have found myself over the last week crying more and more. I am having to physically work at keeping myself from crying.

I was so touched yesterday by a comment on the blog from one of Shirley's friends from high school. I remember her very well. This morning I read Leanna's comment and just fell apart. I cry because I am sad...but also because of I am happy. Happy that people are still thinking about Shirley and remembering her. A lady at work told me yesterday that she only met Shirley once but can remember her very well. Her smile. And then I was just so mad at myself that I did not bring her here more so everyone here could have gotten to know her better.

I have also found myself not calling my mother or Kathy because for some reason that also makes me cry. I know they are just as sad as I am. I don't want to make them cry. But I just cannot stop myself. And I feel like it's getting worse every day. I pray these feelings will pass.

So I will try again today. I know it will not work but I will try.

Love,

Teresa:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went back and read that,too. That was really nice..I can see how that would make you feel happy and sad at the same time. This season is going to be one of the hardest of the "1st's". Hang in there and know that we're all thinking and praying for you...we love ya..

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Teresa, you & Steve look so nice in that picture :) Your decorations look so nice too!

I pray that God will truely give you peace this Christmas and that you won't have so many tears... :( I'm sad that you are sad and I know Shirley would not want you to have to work so hard to keep from crying everyday. I hope that joy will fill your heart and the love that you feel for Shirley will brighten your day.

I love you and am continueing to pray you through this season.

Love Always,
Tracy