December 29, 2009

Excerpt from another song...

Got the news on Friday Morning
But a tear I couldn't find
You showed me how I am supposed to live
Now you showed me how to die

I was lost til Sunday morning
I woke up to face my fear
While writing this goodbye song
I found a tear

I'm going to miss that smile
I'm going to miss you my friend
Even though it hurts the way it ended up
I would do it all again.

So play it sweet in heaven
Cause that's right where you want to be
I'm not cryin cause I feel so sorry for you
I'm cryin for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a good song. Have you seen the video? It's Toby Keith..it'll DEFINATELY put a lump in your throat. He wrote it about a friend and was supposed to sing it at his funeral, but couldn't make it thru the song. Anyway, I hope you have a good day.

Dusty