December 16, 2009

Kathy told me...

that Shirley has a Santa. Kathy went to visit her yesterday and called me and said that somebody had given Shirley a Santa. It made me feel good to know that Kathy was there and that somebody had given her a Santa. Tomorrow evening I will be having dinner with some friends and she lives right by Shirley. So I will visit her tomorrow evening.

Here is a poem off the cholangiocarcinoma website:

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights like Heaven's stars reflecting in the snow
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tears
For I am spending Christmas up with our God this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear
But the sound of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here
I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring
For it's beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
So be happy for me dear ones you know I hold you near
And be glad I am spending Christmas up with God this year.

I sent you each a heavenly gift from my heavenly home above
I sent you each a memory of my undying love.
After all love is a gift more precious than pure gold
It was always most important in the staires that have been told.

Please love and keep each other as we have been taught to do
I can't count the blessings of love God has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away the tear
Remember I am spending Christmas with our God this year.

Love,

Teresa:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...that's awesome..Tell her I said hi while you're there..

Dusty

Anonymous said...

That was really sweet that someone gave Shirley a Santa :)

That poem was beautiful too! Thanks for sharing it on here :)

Love,
Tracy