December 02, 2009

The Bad Dog...

was bad again. Last night started out like my normal nights. I started with working out on the treadmill...30 minutes. After that I can really barely move. But I must tell you before I go any further that this bad dog thinks when I put socks and shoes on my feet....that means he is going for a run. Unfortunately...he chewed through his very last leash on Thanksgiving day. So there have been no recent outings for him.

After the treadmill...I walked upstairs...and the guilt was too much to bear. The big sad eyes, the tail suspended in air...deciding whether it should wag...or droop. So off I went to Petsmart...to buy the 10th leash in his short one year of life. Guess what...Petsmart does not sell chain leashes. Grrrrr....and what was I thinking...I picked up a bag of treats on my way to the check out.

I walk in the front door and it's like he knew where I had been and what I had purchased. He was almost giddy. Ridiculous. So off we go!!!! Running through the neighborhood .... trying not to fall or get mugged by the neighborhood hoodlums. Proud of myself for getting in more exercise and making doggie happy.

New leash...treats...run....what more could a doggie ask for. But no...that was not enough. We make it back home safe and it is now time for me to finally sit down. But no...bad dog had other plans. I am also a nice mommy who leaves the front door open so the doggie can get a view of the front yard as he slumbers. And how does he repay me...as soon as he sees another dog...he lunges all of his body weight against the door...and he is gone. My exercise was not done for the night.

Off I go with Nik and Jake chasing behind me. Certain the bad dog is about to meet a terrible end with the German Shepherd he was approaching...or a car that would definitely not see him.

The two dogs tear off through the neighborhood biting each other but not really fighting. We are all running and running and running...and then....like he had a sudden change of heart and felt terribly bad that he was doing this to his momma...he turned and bolted straight back to the house and ran right back in where he came from.

The boys and I stood there looking at each other like...What just happened? Sure enough...as I walk into the house...he is already slumbering on the sofa. He looks up at me and wags his tail and goes back to sleep. I kissed his head and gave him a treat. :)

Love,

Teresa

P.S. No treadmill tonight. Meeting my girls for dinner!!!! Can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking women we have in our family. Sorry that I was not there for the festivities, but I also was remebering our girl Shirley and missing my brothers and sisters. But my children made me happy.
Love to all of my family and to you great looking women.Tear Lynn

Anonymous said...

That dog! Love these stories and I am sure he will keep them coming!

See you tonight!

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what an eventful night! I love your "Bad Dog" stories! :)

Tracy