December 28, 2009

Christmas was not the same...

without Shirley here.

The snow has just made everything crazy. I work for a company that does snow removal so I did end up working over the weekend and I will be swamped from this point on. That's o.k....I need the distraction.

Christmas Eve was absolutely beautiful with all of the snow. It did make Christmas a little treacherous. I hope you all were safe. My Christmas was put on hold with Steve's family until Saturday because of the snow. This really turned out great for me. That gave me time to make it out to see Shirley. I really wish I would have videotaped this event...because it was really quite comical. When we showed up to see her...the snow had drifted so bad that you could not even see the roads in the cemetery. So we parked quite a distance from her and Steve, Nik, Jake and I made the hike to go see her. The snow was up past our knees. Well for me anyway. I'm sure the guys it was at their ankles. But whatever. This is not about how short Teresa is.

I will say that as I stood there ... I reflected on where I was at that moment last year. I knew that a year from then we would not have her. And I had no idea how my life would go on without her. And now...it has been a year. Sometimes I am just angry at myself for being able to go on an entire year without her being here. It should not have been so...I don't want to say "easy" but I don't know any other word. It just should not have turned out like this:(

I did get to spend the entire afternoon at mom and dad's - which I loved. Nice and relaxing. Dinner was delicious. Mom did great. And mom made the ladies all very nice bags with lots of goodies in them. We loved them.

Saturday we spent with Joe and Kelly and their family. It was such a nice holiday weekend.

But we are now back to "normal". It is all over. The trees are down and the house is clean. A month from now we will be in Mexico. Shocking.

I do have a prayer request today. Saturday I found a lump on the bad dog's leg. If you recall...my Rocky passed away a week after I found a lump on his leg. I thought I was going to just die Saturday when I found it. I always massage his back paralyzed legs...ok they are not really paralyzed but he stretches them out and drags them around. So since the day I got him I tell him I will massage his paralyzed legs. It really sounds stupid when I type it. Oh well. As I was massaging...there it was. The size of a ping pong ball and rock hard. I know in my heart this is nothing. But the vet cannot see him until Wednesday. So pray for my stinker. When I decided to love this bad dog...I did so with my entire heart. He has everything from me and I worship the ground he walks on. So no way would he be taken from me.

Now back to my snow billing...yay!!!! Countdown is on to Mexico!!!

Love,

Teresa:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a nice Christmas with your family. I know it wasn't easy but so happy you have a nice support system.

I'll bet that is a fatty tumor. All of our Goldens have had them. I am sure it is nothing. Please let me know what the vet says. And give that pooch a big ol smooch, please!

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

You sure did have distractions, and I have heard Golden retrievers and retreivers in general get fatty tumors.
Hello to my family and love and miss them all.
I will be praying for the stinker that all is well for him.
Tear