January 19, 2010

Waiting...

on my new bracelet. I feel so lost without my Shirley bracelet. I normally am adjusting or playing with it during the day all day. It makes me think about her. I hope it comes soon.

I have made the mistake of reading my posts again from a year ago. Praying for Shirley to just be out of pain. And it just wasn't happening. She held on for so long. She was so strong. Just as she was her whole life. She endured a lot in the short life that she had. But with a smile .... the best smile in the world.

I am lunching with Kathy today. I have no doubt it will be emotional. I know that my family is feeling what I am feeling. I think I have pretty much decided that Saturday I will go visit her and then I will just go back to bed. It's not a day I want to remember. I don't like that day at all.

Grief sucks!!!

Love,

Teresa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa

Thinking of you and your family.

Love, Tina

Anonymous said...

It will be ok Teresa and in time we will all be together, hang in there and look forward to your trip. I learned a long time ago there are just some things we can not change and life goes on

Anonymous said...

Try to think of all the wonderful things about Shirley...keep thinking happy thoughts.

Love ya,

Dusty

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, my thoughts drift toward things a year ago. The kids had my digital frame on for Gavin to see the pictures and there she was smiling with all of girls together then Tom Tim you girls Shirley and I all laughing. She kept things together and now still in someways still does with our precious memories.
Love to all of my Family