January 07, 2010

Sometimes my life...

is just boring. I worry that I type on here and you guys are like...Uh...not interested. But guess what...I don't care. I'm just going to keep writing anyway. Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

But, as I have mentioned many times...I read a lot of other people's blogs. It keeps life in perspective. You realize that so many people are going through so many bad things every day. And sometimes not bad...sometiimes horrible and unimaginable. We lost Shirley at 42 years old. Some people are losing their children when they are very young.

So today I do not have much to write about but I did read this on a blog this morning and I wanted to share it with you. It is something this lady read in a book:

In the book she talks about how a turkey and an eagle react to the threat of a storm in different ways. A turkey reacts by running under the barn, hoping the storm won’t come near. On the other hand, an eagle leaves the security of its nest and spreads its wings to ride the air currents of the approaching storm, knowing they will carry it higher in the sky than it could soar on its own.

This lady talks about how she is reacting like a turkey with her son's illness. God is supposed to help you react like an Eagle...to have faith and put your worries and trust in him. But when you are dealing with a horrible illness...it's so hard. I think it is only after it is all over that you can actually rely on your faith. To get you through.

Today I am trying to just be happy with all of my loved ones being healthy. Well..that is except that bad dog. I am reacting like an eagle with him. I have complete faith that he is perfectly fine.

I am sure you would all agree if you would have seen the display he put on in my livingroom last night.

As I was sitting on my chair in front of my fire under my blanket ... trying to watch the KU Basketball game...he decided he did not want me to have a blanket. So he proceeds to come over and rip my blanket off of me. And when I would take it back and put it back on...he would come over and take it back off. This went on for a good half hour and finally I gave up. He took my blanket and laid on it in front of the t.v. Grrrrrr....Bad Dog!!!!

There were 50 other blankets in that livingroom he could have had.

Have a wonderful day!!! Be careful in the snow!

Love,

Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's probably normal to react like the turkey. I'm sure most people do in situations like that. It's hard to see anything good when you're in situations like that. I guess we can all strive to be like the eagle, though..OMGosh...bad dog...I'd love to see him in action some day..what a character.

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Well of course he could have had any other blanket but he needed that one...I guess it's better him taking your blanket and laying on it than him trying to lay on you. :) lol

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Those are great words of wisdom and something to think about.

That dog of yours! What a character!

Love,
Teresa

P.S. Your life is not boring and I love reading your entries.