January 25, 2010

One Year Has Passed...

and we survived. We survived because of our family. We met out at the grave on Saturday around 4:00. We took down the decorations from her tree and put some new flowers down. At first we cried....we hugged and cried. And then we started to tell stories...the way we do. And we laughed and it felt good. I made the comment that on the very saddest day of my life....at the end of the day I felt good. I love my family. My parents, my brothers and sisters (that includes my sister-in-laws...I consider them my sisters). They are comforting despite their own grief. What would I do without them.

Now for a few weird signs....I decided to stop at JC Penney's on my way home. And I run into one of Shirley's very dear friends Paige. She is also a golden retriever owner so we also have that little bond. But I know Shirley wanted me to see her. I haven't seen her since Shirley passed away and they were so dear to Shirley's heart.

And then...a little Christmas tree that we had put on Shirley's grave that had lights on it that were supposed to be solar powered...none of us had ever seen them work. I had driven by at night to see and no...they weren't on. Dad had tried to work with them. As Steve and I are walking out of JC Penney's...in the back of his truck...the Christmas tree is blinking the brightest lights you have ever seen. And they blinked all of the way home. I just couldn't help but smile. Thank you Shirley:)

Kathy called later to tell me that they saw Diane White at Ladies Night Out Saturday night. One of Shirley's very favorite things to do. So that was nice.

Overall...an emotionally draining weekend. And very busy weekend. We leave Wednesday on our Mexico trip. I don't think I have ever been more ready for a vacation in my life. I need to get away from everything!!!

My bad dog is giving me the guilty sad eyes....He knows I am leaving him. I think I will miss him more than my own children...maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud.

Have a great day:)

Love,

Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa -
What an awesome family!

I hope you have great vacation. Can't wait to see pictures.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa,

I'm glad everything went well this past weekend. I know Shirley was smiling down. :)

I hope you have a good trip!! And don't forget to take lots of pictures and of course your new video camera! ;)

Love,
Tracy

Diana said...

Teresa....I just had to add that the funny thing about me going to the Ladies Night Out is that it was the very first time I have ever gone; I don't think I really knew about it in the past. So here I am walking around and run into your Mom, Kathy and Cindy!