April 17, 2009

Yea!!! The Tree:)















I find it really funny that my whole life Shirley called me tree and today we planted a tree in her memory...right next to her. It was really, really nice. Two of my girlfriends showed up from high school..Kelly and Teresa. They are the ones I have been having dinner with...girls night. I will never be able to really tell them how much I appreciate them being there. I could thank them every day for the rest of my life and it would not be enough. To honor Shirley that way was awesome.

Pat, a friend of Shirley's showed up also. Thanks Pat...you are awesome. You have been wonderful through this whole ordeal.

Oh and we are pretty sure Shirley was being kind of ornery this morning. We could not get one of our cameras to work at first. We had new batteries and they all worked before today. But sure enough, as soon as we went to take pictures, my camera, mom's camera and Kathy's camera all quit working. Thank God we eventually got some of them working. Shirley hated her picture being taken after she got cancer. I think she was trying to tell us something.

The tree was planted right next to Shirley. And her headstone is there now too. Those are just symbols out there and I know her real home is in heaven. But I think that little spot she has there really honors her and it is really, really beautiful. Oh and of course we had a visit from a couple of geese flying over. We are sure that was her that came to visit.

I will think about her all day today...

Love,

Teresa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pictures are beautiful wish that I could have been there. Thresea I know that Shirley was looking down and saying silly guys and yet so loved. Have a good week end. the weather is getting better now.
love to all, Aunt Con

Anonymous said...

What awesome pictures. The tree is really pretty. Hope you all have a good weekend.
Tina

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa,

I'm really glad your cameras started working again! :) You took some really good pictures and I know everyone is enjoying looking at them. I'm glad you had a beautiful morning too even though it was windy... You all look really good.

We love you and thanks again for sharing.

Aunt Carolyn, Uncle Dan, and Tracy

Anonymous said...

It was my pleasure to be there. The tree is GORGEOUS! What a nice tribute for your beautiful sister. It was so good to see your nice family.

Love,
Teresa