April 30, 2009

I did not want to post....


because I liked that poem being on the top of the page. It's so appropriate for every single day of my life. "We thought of you today..." I think of you every day. All day. I look at the pictures on my computer or at home and I try to remember what we were doing, what we were saying or laughing about. I have been doing that a lot lately...remembering Shirley's laugh, her goofy looks she would give me, the wonderful smile that lit up her face...or the hugs everytime we saw each other or had to leave each other.


So today is rainy and gloomy...yuck. Wish I could have stayed in bed. It's the last day of April...Summer is right around the corner. We have Jake playing baseball and our trip in July. Hopefully that will keep our summer busy and I won't think about the fact that I will be spending my whole summer without Shirley. No cookouts on her deck, no hand and foot card games with her. I did have a flashback of one thing that just made me laugh out loud this morning. The time that Shirley and Mike and Steve and I travelled to Springfield to see my grandpa before he passed. On our way back to the hotel, we stopped at the grocery store. We decided we needed a few adult beverages. So off Shirley went to find her favorite bottle of wine and I was headed for the beer. The next thing I know, here comes Shirley walking down the aisle with the biggest bottle of wine I have ever seen. I just remember bursting out laughing right in the store and not being able to stop. And poor Shirley...her side hurt and she couldn't stop laughing either. And guess what...before the night was over...that bottle of wine was gone.


Love, Teresa

No comments: