April 03, 2009

I'm Tired

I'm tired of Shirley being gone. I feel that I have been somewhat in denial. Things seem to be worse this week and I don't know what it is. I'm hoping it will pass. I have cried every day and every night. I think about her constantly. I have to physically work at not thinking about her so that I won't cry. And I hate not thinking about her. I am sure this is temporary. The biggest problem is the bad thoughts. Remembering the middle of the nights at the hospice house. I only want to remember good things and sometimes it just does not happen. I find myself in the middle of the night laying there for hours just remembering our last weeks together. And the reality sinks in that she really is gone. And I really have a hard time comprehending the fact that summer is almost here and she is not. It just does not make sense right now. I'm sure it will, just not right now.

I am looking forward to a good weekend. Tomorrow night we will spend with Tim and Bea and the rest of the family at a party they are having. I will be house cleaning getting ready for Jakie's 16th Birthday on Friday night.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Love, Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa,

I hope you are having a better day today! The sun has been shining all day here but it's been so deceiving cuz it's still cold & very windy :( But the sun is shining and that's a good thing.

Our day just got dampened though :( The people in the condo upstairs had a toilet overflow in to our 2 bathrooms & our bedroom. :( So now we are waiting for the people to come out and dry everything and make sure there isn't any mold damage. Yuck! We just went through this with the front part of our house 6 months ago. Oh well, nothing else we can do.

I hope all the good memories of Shirley flood your mind today! And I hope you had fun with Tim and Bea last night. Wow! I can't believe Jake is already turning "Sweet 16"! I hope he has a good birthday.

Love ya,
Tracy