April 07, 2009

My New Bracelet



I joined a website called Cholangiocarcinoma.org last year when Shirley was diagnosed. This website was full of information. Unfortunately that's why I always knew what was going to happen. These people who run this website are working very hard to raise money and awareness for bile duct cancer. It is such a rare cancer and needs as much attention as it can get. Well, now I have my own bracelet. They sent me one for being a member on this website. You see the yellow bracelets all of the time, well now there is one for bile duct cancer. If you want one I think you can order them off of the website. Now if people ask me about my bracelet I can tell them about this horrible cancer. Maybe people will start realizing these rare cancers need funding and research too. I hope so. Nobody wants to find a cure for a cancer that doesn't affect a lot of people. The sad thing is, we had never heard of this cancer before. So it's hard to blame anyone.
But now this will be my way of telling as many people as I can. When they admire my new jewelry.
Love, Teresa





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new bracelet Teresa :) It's so much prettier than just those plain colored bracelets. That's cool that they have that bracelet!

I liked the pictures of Sue. He's cute no matter what. They always seem to have that "innocent" look about them.

love ya,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Debby and I have been reading your blog for quite some time now. My husband was diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma in June 08. We have been struggling with this horrible disease ever since. I love the bracelet you have and am trying to figure out how to get one. I've checked the website but I can't find it. I so want to raise awareness of this cancer. I want someone to ask me about it!
I would appreciate any info. you could give me on how you obtained the bracelet.
Thanks!