April 27, 2009

Flowers for Shirley

Mom just called and told me that there are purple flowers on Shirley's grave. That made me happy.

I spent some of the weekend reading through my blog from last year. I printed the whole thing out. I cried a lot. As I read it, I could see where I was trying to hard to stay positive. But I also could tell that I knew what was going to happen. As I read it, it's like I was living it all over. Even reading about the fun times we had at chemo didn't help at all. It still made me so sad. Finally, I had had enough. I was literally sobbing uncontrollably. The comments were again awesome to read. The support and love we had through that horrible journey helped so much. But in the end, it played out exactly like I knew it would. I had read way too much on the internet to be able to fool myself.

So Shirley is definitely heavy on my mind. In every thought that I have, every decision I make.

Love, Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that there are flowers on her tree! :) I bet it's really pretty. I hope you had a good day today.

Love you,
Tracy