April 13, 2009

Busy 3 Day Weekend

Wow, back to work after 3 days off...and it's raining. I probably should have just stayed in bed. Friday was spent shopping and getting ready for Jake's birthday. And the party itself went great. Everyone showed and my house was over flowing with family. Of course there was somebody missing...and I could feel it.

And then Saturday was spent getting ready for Easter. We colored eggs at Joe and Kelly's with Niki and Jack and that was fun. But a year ago I was coloring eggs with Shirley.

Sunday we went to Kathy and Mark's for the big Easter feast. The food was perfect and her house was full of family too. But again, somebody was missing.

So that is how my weekend went...noticing that no matter how much family you have and how busy you are...Shirley was still missing. I couldn't help but think about it constantly. I tried so hard not to let it get me down or ruin the fun, but several times it became overwhelming. I walk into a room and I look for her...when I had any down time at all...I would look for her. I waited for her to walk in a room so I could hug her. I mean I could physically feel the anticipation of her coming and then the disappointment of realizing she wasn't. I am hoping this still gets better. That's what people say. I'm not seeing it yet.

And I need to respond I guess on how to get the bracelets. I hope everyone goes to the website and buys one. You go to www.cholangiocarcinoma.org and go to the "contact us" section. You will email Stacie with your name and address and I think she will help you. I hope anyway.

So we start another week. Thanks for listening:)

Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had Shirley for so many years and she has been gone only a short time. Of course you still miss her like a physical ache. The passing of time only helps ease the pain-it never goes away completely, nor would you want it to. Even years later you will think of something or be somewhere and think Shirley would have loved this. I'm not saying this to make you feel worse but to let you know what you are feeling is understandable and normal.

Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa,

It sounds like you had a pretty good weekend for the most part. :)

Whoever wrote the first comment wrote it very well...it's very agreeable. It makes me sad thinking about how you had to make it through this special weekend without her too. :(

Well I hope you can get some rest tonight. I'm sure you are exhausted from the business of the weekend.

Love you,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I wish I could of been there for Jake, please tell him that Uncle Guy and Aunt Tear love him.