March 31, 2009

Shirley's Friend Dot

I have been trying to stay in contact with Shirley's friend and co-worker Dot. Dot found out she had breast cancer after Shirley went to the hospice house. We decided not to tell Shirley. She would have been so upset and so worried, no matter what she was going through herself.

I am glad to report that when I talked to Dot yesterday, she sounded wonderful. She said she is recovering nicely and heads back to work next week. She still has a lot of work ahead of her but she sounds like a fighter. I will never forget for the last couple of years one of the things Shirley said to me was how much Dot and I were alike. She would just say it over and over. And trust me, after getting to know Dot....that was a huge compliment. She is a wonderful lady just like the rest of Shirley's co-workers that I met. Wonderful people.

I just had my Chinese lunch with Kathy. It was delicious and fun. As usual. I get a lot of therapy going with Kathy. We talk about our Shirley and how much we miss her and love her. It's just good for us. And we talk about some of our decisions we are making and how Shirley would have felt or what she would have told us.

Hope everyone has a great week. It's great to hear from you again Tracy.

Love, Teresa

No comments: