March 05, 2009

Hootie


When Shirley went to Hospice House I had a song that would just run through my head over and over. And it has nothing to do with somebody dying or having cancer. But I would just randomly sing it in her room. If you are familiar with the band Hootie and the Blowfish, the lead singer Darius Rucker has a song out now called "It Won't Be Like This For Long". It's actually an awesome song and I love all of his music. But this one phrase was just so appropriate for what poor Shirley was going through. So sick and so miserable...

And we all know how fast life is passing us by...like I told Shirley at her house before we left to go to hospice...this is only a second in time and before you know it, we will all be together.

So if you get a chance listen to the song. It's pretty good. And just keep telling yourself..."It won't be like this for long".

Love,

Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that song, too. Hang in there, Teresa..

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Love that song!
Hang in there Teresa.. I know no words will provide the comfort you seek. Time may eventually dull the pain, but I know it never goes away. May God's grace and peace be upon you and your family always and especially at this hard time. Praying for you all.
May you always find strength and peace in Him.
God Bless you and your family always.
- Tom