March 13, 2009

A Letter To Heaven


Darkness has come
I'm alone in the night
Hiding my feelings
Out of everyone's sight

Despair fills my soul
Which as a fact is quite strange
Cause inside feels empty
My feelings have changed

When you left I felt good
Like you wanted me to
I looked deep inside
And there I found you

It felt like you were here
Living in me
Giving me strength
To live life and just be

I felt honored and proud
No Way I Could Feel Bad
That I was there your last days
All the time that you had

Brave and determined
To get through this with pride
To keep the promise
That I made you as you lay there and died

Forgive me if I fall though
I know there will be bad days
Cause I loved you so much
In so many ways

As a sister and friend
And Personal Adviser
There never lived a woman
Who could have possibly been wiser

I'm so sad and confused
Like a lost little girl
I feel like an oyster
Without its precious pearl

Cause that's what you were
All shiny and bright
Who brightened each day
And chased away night

I'll never forget
And I'll always miss you
But we'll meet again
This just has to be true

Where are you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember one thing. Although this is VERY hard for you, there are people that are still here that need you and love you as much as you love Shirley.

Dusty

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you! I worked with Shirley and always knew she was one of a kind. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but know that Shirley is thought of daily by many and that your whole family is in our prayers.