March 16, 2009

Sue Met His Sister...



So I find it ironic that I lost my sister this year and Sue found his. Kathy and I took our puppies to the dog park yesterday. Now there are several dog parks in Johnson County and this is our first trip to this one. And after mistaking this other dog for mine several times and the other dog owner doing the same, we started talking. We discovered that we got our dogs at the same time from the same owner. So Sue met his sister Luna. We also discovered she got the good one. Besides being a little smaller than Sue, they were identical. They played for a little bit but then moved on to the other hundred dogs at the park.

It was a really fun afternoon. Nala is new to the dog park adventure, so she needs to adjust a little. But she will soon love it just like the other dogs.

I also made a trip to see Shirley's dear friend Dot. Dot is dealing with breast cancer right now. Shirley always said that Dot and I had so much in common. Well, the one thing we do have in common is our love of Chinese food. So I took her over some Chinese food for dinner and we talked for a good hour. She is starting to do a little better. But of course it is cancer, so it's a struggle. Please pray for our Dot to recover and feel good again.

It's spring break. Mom is picking up the kids today and they are going to spend several days with mom and dad. Can't say I am disappointed about that. Alex and Sam will be going with their dad to the Grand Canyon. We had margaritas with Tim and Bea Friday night and actually ended up at Tom's house. So I did get to see Alex for a little bit. Adorable as usual. Every time I see them, I see a glimpse of Shirley. The hair, the freckles, the smile. Sammy was at a friend's house.

Have a great day!!!!

Teresa



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny is that??? Small world, huh?


Dusty

Anonymous said...

teresa that sounded like a good day and i pray that you have more good days and you and Kathy get to hang out more. Hang in there theresa and things will be ok.Love you guys and hope to see you this summer you never know. Love, Aunt Con