March 02, 2010

Thought for the day....

My son Nik, who is 18, wants to be just like his grandpa. You are used to hearing that from your boys when they are little. But Nik is still that way. He worships the ground his grandpa walks on. For Christmas he got boots like his grandpa. He has a Carhart Jacket because grandpa has one. He told me last night that he wants a vest like grandpa. He said he saw it at Cavender's.

I actually love it. My dad deserves to be looked up to. He is a great guy. And my kids adore him. Both of my boys favorite thing to do is to call up Alex and talk grandma and grandpa into letting them stay the weekend. They can play games with grandma and do any work that grandpa needs done. And he calls Miss Kelsey Snowflake. He always has and she just loves that. It makes her giggle. When we got home from Kelsey's birthday party she asked me if I heard grandpa sing Snowflake instead of Kelsey when we sang happy birthday to her. I told her yes.

That gives me a really good feeling. They are great parents and have turned out to be awesome grandparents to my children.

Those were just some thoughts going through my head last night.

Have a great day!!!

Love, Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome...They are great people..

Dusty

Anonymous said...

That's cool :)

Tracy