March 03, 2010

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

O.K. So if one thing can district me....it's the Jayhawks playing the Wildcats. Shirley never liked sports very much and she just could not understand my fascination with college basketball. I would always tease her and call her and ask her if she was watching the game. She would just laugh and say no. It was actually a rhetorical question but she always answered. That was a very endearing quality about her.

Tonight is a huge game for both teams. I hope that the Jayhawks loss on Saturday will have them ready for tonight. If not...there will be tears for a different reason tonight. I have my Jayhawk vest and scarf on that my girl Kelly bought for me. I am ready. I just need to get the alcohol. That will help me through it.

For those who do not understand this rivalry and how important it is....just wish me luck.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!!

Love,

Teresa

No comments: