March 08, 2010

Right now it's really hard...

and I am just ready for it to get better. It was a weekend full of tears. I am just on the verge of crying at all times right now. Not much fun to be around. I tried Saturday night going with my mother, Vicki, Bea and Cindy to a play in Leavenworth. We were celebrating Vicki's retirement. Which is something to definitely celebrate. But the entire way out to my parents all I could think about is that this is something Shirley should be doing with us. So it was hard to even get into a good mood. The restaurant we went to...the last time I had eaten there...Shirley was still alive.

I don't know what to say to people when they ask what's wrong...or how can they make it better. They can't. And 99% of the time there is always only one thing wrong. Shirley's not here. Thursday will mark the 2 year anniversary that Dad and I went to the doctor with Shirley and they told her what she had and what would be happening. Other than the day Shirley passed away...that was the worst day of my life.

So I am going to try to make it through another day....another day without her. And I am going to keep trying to figure out how we are just supposed to keep waiting for it to get easier. Because it's not.

Love,

Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Teresa it will get better I promise and I know how hard it is for you when you have lost your best friend and loved on all at once and I think you have done wonderfully thus far. I see this blog lets you release all those feelings and in turn helps others the same.
You have a great support sustem with you r whople family there to help each other never forget to lean on them when you need to as it seems that you are.
You are a strong woman and very much loved.
All my thought and prayers are for you.
Love Tear