February 16, 2009

Went to Visit

I made my visit to Shirley's house yesterday. It sucked. I felt like she would come out of a room at any second. Or I would look at her couch and I could physically see her laying there in her sweats, her little purple cap on her head and knowing she felt so bad. And the feeling of helplessness was overwhelming again. Exactly how I felt when she was here. I did not feel her in that house. I do not want to go back. I got my picture of us and that is all I needed.

I did get to visit with mom and dad for awhile which is always good. They are very comforting. I had Alex for the whole weekend. He came over Friday night, the boys played their xbox 360 games and computer games and stayed up all night. And then Saturday we went bowling and watched KU beat up on some K-State Wildcats. Always a good day. I did make sure he got his valentine candy and card. I know Shirley would have wanted that. Thank you Tom for letting me have him.

Sunday after I did my visit and took Alex home, Nik, Jake and I went to visit Aunt Shirley. That wasn't as difficult as I imagined it would be. She has been gone 24 days and I could feel her spirit there more than at her house. And Kathy, Cindy, Mom and Bea....the geese flew over while we were there. It was awesome.

I had so many stories to tell her but I knew she already knew them. I am going to stop now or my computer is going to short out from the tears. I miss her more every day and am sadder every day. It becomes so much more real with every day that goes by.

I do love all of you. I love hearing from all of you. I have reconnected through email with an old friend from high school and it has really helped me quite a bit. Thank you Teresa (not me) for making that effort.

Love....as always....Teresa:)

4 comments:

g said...

This is a poem that was sent to me form a friend of mine when we lost a dear member of our family a couple of years ago.
I've read it often. I've always kept it. I'd like to share it with you...

There will come a day
when your tears of sorrow
will softly flow into tears of remembrance...
and your heart will begin to heal itself...
and grieving will be interrupted by episodes of joy...
and you will hear the whisper of hope.
There will come a day
when you will welcome the tears of remembrance...
as a sunshower of the soul...
a turning of the tide...
a promise of peace.
There will come a day when you will...
risk loving...
go on believing...
and treasure the tears of remembering.

Author unknown

I love you. I'm thinking about you all this Monday morning.

Anonymous said...

TERESA TRY TO HAVE LOTS OF GOOD MEMORIES AND GET THROUGH THE DAYS i KNOW IT IS HARD AND iAM SO GLAD YOU CAN STILL HAVE ALEX AND SAM AT TIMES THIS HAS TO HELP. GIVE THEM AND EVERYONE MY LOVE TELL ALL i SAY HELLO.
LOVE, AUNT CONNIE

Anonymous said...

Memories, that all I can say right now. I am glad that you all went together I know it is good therapy and support to you all. I only wish I could of been with you all. My chil;dren remind me everyday of how blessed I truely am when I am so far away from my family. I feel so distant from them but as Mom said everyone has their own way of greiving and she as always is right.
Thank you God for the family you have blessed me with; Dad and Mom, Tom,Cindy, Mike,Sam and Alex, Tim, Bea, Teresa, Steve, Kathy,Mark and all my wonderful neices and nephews. My mom in WV my rock Guy, Rachel, Kevin and Chris, Tom, Miranda and Gavin and my eternal teen who we hardly see LeAnna. Bless them and keep them Lord, AMEN

Anonymous said...

Teresa:

Thank you for continuing the blog. I will now not miss out on how Shirley's family is doing. I will of course so terribly miss listening to her and all the stories. Keep the good memories and the new stories coming ...

Connie Allen