February 23, 2009

One Month Today

That's how long Shirley has been gone. And it still feels awful. I woke up this morning around 6:30 and realized what I was doing a month ago at that time. And yesterday it had been one year since Shirley actually found out she had cancer. It doesn't seem that long ago. It has also been one year today since my grandfather died. So much loss in one year doesn't really seem ok.

I did talk to Tom Francis yesterday and the kids seem to be doing really good. They are keeping Tom very busy and I think that helps everyone.

Tonight I will be having dinner with some girls I graduated high school with. I'm really excited about that and I really appreciate them reaching out to me. And it's Chinese food so who can complain. Also we need to cheer on the Jayhawks tonight so they can be #1 in the Big 12. I know that's not important to a lot of people but it is to me. And I'm the one typing...so Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

Everyone have a great day and keep Shirley in your thoughts today and everyday. We miss you Shirley.

Love,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teresa -
I can't even imagine what you going through losing a sister. I hope knowing you have lots of support of family and friends eases the pain a little. It is great to hear the kids are doing well. Always rememder what an amazing sister you are.
Tina