February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Kelsey Ann




This is Aunt Shirley and Kelsey at her graduation back in May. We only had 6 tickets for the graduation. So grandma and grandpa Lewis, Steve and I and grandma Noland all had a ticket. But we made sure that Aunt Shirley got to go too. Kelsey loved her Aunt Shirley. And we never did have to say anything, but Shirley and I both knew that it was very important that she be there. And she was. I do remember there was a long walk, it was warm and then the benches were very hard to sit on. And we sat there for hours, barely even able to see Kelsey in the crowd. But Shirley sat there the entire time with a smile on her face. And even through the smile I could tell she did not feel well. But she would have never said a word.

I am so glad I have the pictures of that day and the memories.

Also, the 2nd day at Hospice House it was just Shirley and I in her room. I thought Shirley was sleeping. And Miss Kelsey called in from her cell phone. Kelsey talks very loud on the phone and the first thing Kelsey would ask me every single day was how Aunt Shirley was doing and then she would say tell her I hope she gets better and that she loved her. After she said that, Shirley opened her eyes and looked at me and said "she's a sweetie". I was grateful at that moment for how loud Kelsey was because it's one of the last things Shirley was able to say.

I also want to say...again...how much I love talking to my girlfriends from high school. I mentioned that I had dinner with Kelly, Teresa and Denise last week, but I have also heard from Linda and then last night I got to talk on the phone with Andra. She had some wonderful insight and advice to share with me. Unfortunately that comes from experiencing her own tragedy. But I want her to know that she helped me. A lot. I guess God knows it will take a lot of support to get me through this horrible ordeal and has brought all of these wonderful people back into my life. I am grateful.

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSEY. We love you!!! Aunt Shirley loved you so much.

Love,

Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..she looks like you. Tell her Happy Birthday..

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Well that is a very good memory :) I'm glad you got that picture too :) I hope you all have fun tonight at the pizza parlor! :) My mom was just saying how she remembers being there a year ago for Kelseys birthday party at the bowling alley :) Good memories!

Love ya,
Tracy