February 16, 2009

Quote For The Day


"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love." -- H. Drummond


I don't really know if I have talked about this yet on here. I know I have talked to Kathy about it and my husband but I was so determined not to have anything positive come out of this tragedy. You always hear "everything happens for a reason"... or "God has a reason for this". And when I say tragedy, I mean tragedy. I am looking at Shirley and me together in a picture right now and my heart aches so bad. But guess what...something positive did come out of it. I have learned first of all that there are good people out here. I always knew they were good, just not how good. And second of all, how much people need you when they are going through something like this. I hope that someday I can give back what they have given to our family. I have been to funerals, I have grieved for other people. But I have never, ever given to others like they gave to us. And I have made a promise that I will do that from now on.


We are praying for Shirley's co-worker Dot right now. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has had surgery recently. Pray for her like you prayed for Shirley. She was so dear to Shirley's heart and did so much for our family. We love you Dot and are thinking about you.


Just thinking of our girl and thought I would write this down. I miss Shirley more than I will ever be able to type on here. And I want everyone to know that every day. Thanks for reading.


Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You haven't mentioned Mike...how is he doing? Does he need anything?