February 13, 2009

A Note From Shirley....Maybe

To my dearest family, some things I'd like to say.
But first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay.
I'm writing this from Heaven
Here I dwell with God above.
Here, there are no more tears of sadness;
here is just eternal love.
Please do not be unhappy just because I am out of sight,
Remember that I am with you every morning, noon and night.
God gave me a list of things
that he wished for me to do.
And foremost on the list,
was to watch and care for you.
And when you lie in bed at night
the day's chores put to flight
God and I are closest to you...
in the middle of the night.
When you think of my life on earth,
and all those loving years
Because you are only human
they are bound to bring you tears.
But do not be afraid to cry
it does relieve the pain
Remember there would be no flowers
unless there was some rain.
But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is over
I'm closer to you now than I ever was before.
And now I am contented...
that my life was worthwhile.
Knowing as I passed along the way
I made somebody smile.
So if you meet somebody
who is sad and feeling low
Just lend a hand to pick him up
as on your way you go.
When you are walking down the street
and you have got me on your mind,
I'm walking in your footsteps
only half a step behind.
And when it's time for you to go
from that body to be free,
Remember you are not going...
you are coming here to me.

Love, Shirley (at least I like to think so)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
That was really nice, the letter from Shirley! I'm so glad you are continuing this blog! I agree that it does help to write things out and I am enjoying reading everything :)

Love ya,
Tracy