February 24, 2009

Book Report

I have finished the book and Kathy is almost done. The Shack. I wanted to share a little bit with what I have learned. I would recommend people to read the book. It doesn't really teach you anything you don't know, it just reminds you of what you may have forgotten or lost track of. I am a Christian and I do believe in God. I don't go to church every Sunday. This book makes it a point to remind you that God is all about love. We should not blame him for the pain, suffering and evil that happen in the world. And that he is with us or our loved ones when they are at the worst point in life. With that being said, I do know that Shirley was surrounded by angels in her last days of life. I know that she was being comforted as she lay in the bed at the hospice house. I do know that God did not cause her to have cancer and that it is easier today knowing that she is not suffering and in a better place than we are. The last year was so bad waking up every single day and the only thought I had was if Shirley was in pain or sick that day. And the dread of what was to come. Now, I know she is in heaven and I never have to worry about that again. And ....cross your fingers....hope, hope...that she is waiting for Teresa. I told her to put a good word in for me.

I had dinner with my friends last night. I have to say that anyone who knows me, knows that I did 99% of the talking. I have found that I am able to talk about Shirley and not cry. Not get upset. And I love that. I feel strong and feel that I am healing and it makes me hopeful for the future. If you asked my husband or some of my co-workers or family members, I am sure they had their doubts I would get through this. But I am and I know Shirley would be proud of me. Hopefully my high school friends will invite me again...we will see. I had a blast and they are all so adorable and fun.

I did tell them that if Shirley was still here, and they had invited me to dinner...I would have called her and asked her to go with me. And she would have. Without a doubt. Just to make me feel more comfortable. She would never have a problem going by herself and yet, I always needed her with me to help me through uncomfortable situations. And really we all know, she was with me. Giggling the whole time.

So out of all of that rambling, please if you can, read the book. You may get nothing from it or you may come away a little more enlightened.

The Jayhawks won. Yea!!!

Pray for my Grandma. She is having hip replacement surgery today and she is a little nervous. I know one Angel that will be watching over her today.

Thanks for listening.

Love,

Teresa

P.S. having another lunch with my book club member today:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa;
From an old friend whom you have never met.
I stumbled upon this page totally by accident while looking for something else on the net and realized this was you.
Just wanted to say that I am terribly sorry to hear about the loss of your sister.
And I too read "The Shack" and found it to be a totally comforting and amazing look at faith in God. Keep up the message!
God bless you and your family.
Go Chiefs! ;)
- Tom

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
I had the best time at dinner the other night. We'll definitely be doing that again soon. It was so good to see you!

Love,
Teresa