November 17, 2008

Sorry Shirley...no Purple:(

I could not find a purple background. Well today is the day. This entire time I really thought Shirley would not have to have chemo that would cause her to lose her hair. But today will be the day they put drugs into her that will do that. I am angry. Not because Shirley will lose her hair. Everyone is right when they say it is just hair it is just hair. But it's just that awful reminder that cancer has attacked my family. And it has attacked it with a vengeance. I mean I kind of compare it to a tornado. There are different levels of tornadoes. F1 F2 or whatever. But if you hear F5 you know something terrible has happened. And that's what we are dealing with. So on top of all of these months of going to these appts. and trying to stay positive and strong, today Shirley gets drugs that will make her lose her beautiful hair. Of course we will find positives in this too and we will stay strong and of course find something to laugh about and make fun of. I already thought that if she loses her hair by Thanksgiving, and my sister-in-law Kelly has her baby, then my turkey, the baby and Shirley could all be bald together.

I guess what I am trying to stay is we will deal with this. It will be fine. It will just suck like the rest of this crap does.

I will update everyone tomorrow with how Shirley did with her chemo today. It's going to be a long afternoon. Have a wonderful day.

Teresa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY PRAYERS IS FOR ALL TO GO WELL TODAY. TRE AND KATHY CHIN UP KID I HAVE A SHOULDER AND AN EAR FOR YOU. MOM, I LOVE YOU. SHIRLEY YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL MY LOVE IS FOR YOU ALWAYS.
LOVE TEAR

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying...

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and Prayers.

Diana

Anonymous said...

I will be praying with all of my heart. I love you all so much
love rachel