November 18, 2008

New Baby

This morning Steve's brother and his wife Kelly had a new baby. The birth of a baby is the most awesome thing that anyone can experience. And after the 42 hours at the cancer center yesterday, when I was told at 11:00 last night that Kelly's water had broke I felt nothing but euphoria. I had not been that happy in so long. So off we went into the night to wait to meet our new niece.

This was all I expected of the evening. To meet this new beautiful girl who I will love with all my heart like I do all my nieces and nephews. The birth went perfect, Kelly and the baby were healthy. We were all standing around looking at her and holding her and loving her. And then Kelly asked if we would like to know what her name was. Well, of course...she has to have a name. And they said it. Kaitlyn Marie Noland. They made their baby's middle name the same as my sister Shirley's middle name. Words cannot describe how that made me feel. It's absolutely one of the nicest, most selfless things I have ever known anyone to do. And the best part, as she grows up she will get to see and hear about the amazing person she got this name from. She is already very special, but she has no idea how much more special this has made her.

I love you Joe and Kelly and I love you for loving me enough to know how much that would mean to me.

She weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces and 21 inches long and nice dark hair. Gorgeous. I will post pictures later. And everyone coming to Thanksgiving....you get to meet her!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congradulations to aunt teresa again and to joe and kelly
love Tear