November 17, 2008

7 1/2 Hours




A very, very long and draining day. These days are becoming more and more emotional and it's not easy. I have posted a picture of Shirley's new hair cut. She is preparing for the day of the actual hair loss. It's actually adorable. But on Shirley, of course it's adorable. We have no idea what side effects this new chemo will have on her. She is taking pills and had two different bottles put in an IV. We had such a long day that Kathy and I actually went out and got Chinese food and a movie. The movie was The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I find that this movie has such deep meaning and can really help people dealing with hard times. We cried several times and at one point Shirley grabbed my hand and hugged and thanked me for being there for her. The thing she doesn't realize is that she doesn't have to thank me. At some point in your life, you realize God's purpose for you. I have found mine. God put me here for Shirley. To love her and give her all of the support she needs. And that is what I will do. Another thing I have realized is that you know that you love people. But you never know how much you love somebody until you are faced with the fact that you may lose them. And then it is the most overwhelming feeling you will ever have.


I haven't given up. It may sound like it, but I have definitely faced the fact that I may lose Shirley. And I always wonder how people go on after they lose somebody they love that much. And they say "you just do". I don't believe that. I will never believe that. Shirley, I will never "just go on".


I think about my life and it's always been Teresa and Shirley or Shirley and Teresa. I pray to you now God to never just make it Teresa. Please make this chemo work. Please give us that miracle we are looking for. Please take this cancer out of her body. In your name God I pray harder than I have ever prayed in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TERESA YOU ARE AN AMAZING GIRL YOU MAY NOT THINK SO BUT YOU AND KATHY ARE. SHIRLEY IS VERY BRAVE AND ALWAYS WAS THAT IS WHY SHE IS MY DAUGHTERS INSPIRATION IN SO MANY WAYS.
SHIRLEY YOU DO LOOK ADORABLE AND WILL LATER ALSO. AND I KNOW THAT LOVE NEVER FAILS WHERE YOU GO IT GOES ON WITH YOU AND THE ONES THAT LOVE YOU GOES ON ALSO. I AM SO GLAD YOU 4 CALLED YESTERDAY, JUST TALKING TO YOU ALL MADE ME REALIZE HOW DEAR YOU ALL ARE TO ME. THE CONNECTION BETWEEN SISTERS NO MATTER HOW THEY BECOME THIS WAY IS AMAZING.
LORD FATHER IN THY INFINIT POWER I PRAY YOU PUT YOUR HEALING HAND ON MY SISTER SHIRLEY FOR THIS HORRIBLE DISEASE WE CALL CANCER BUT FOR STRENGHTH,HER PEACE AND COMFORT. STRENGHTHEN HER BOTH PHYSICALLY AND SPIRITUALLY. GIVE HER PEACE OF MIND OF HER CHILDREN AND HUSBAND BUT HER WHOLE FAMILIY, I BEG YOU LORD HEAL MY YOUNGER SISTER IN YOUR HOLY WILL HELP ME TO EXCEPT YOUR WILL IN HER HEALING. IN THY SON'S NAME JESUS CHRIST, AMEN.
I LOVE YOU SHIRLEY, TEAR