November 11, 2008

Not The Best News

Shirley did not get her treatment today. And basically that is because the current chemotherapy she is receiving has quit working. The CT Scan showed that the tumors have started growing. He has decided to try another treatment. Unfortunately this treatment will make Shirley lose her hair. The whole appointment was very depressing. This doctor cannot promise us that this chemo will work either. She will have 2 treatments 3 weeks apart and then do another scan to see if the tumors are responding.

Mom, Kathy and I gathered around Shirley and told her we will do whatever it takes to make her comfortable and happy. I pray that whoever reads this blog does this for her also. She will need us all right now.

There is no more denial. We need this chemo to work or we need a miracle. This cancer is starting to take over her body and emotionally and physically she will need us all now more than ever. Please pray and help her in any way that you can. She would never, ever ask for help from anyone so let's show her how much we love her.

Please keep praying for our family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I was getting ready this morning I had a sick feeling in my stomach. As I was driving, I drive a lot, and think a lot, a lot...I was thinking to myself that I am not doing well today. I could not quit thinking about what the doctor would tell us today. Then I thought if I was feeling this way, that I could not even imagine what Shirley was going through this morning. We all met as we always do, expecting Shirley to get treatment today. We all were so nervous to hear the results. Then when the results were actually said out loud it became reality. I wonder if my sister will ever be well again. We have been very fortunate month after month that Shirley has responded so well to the treatment. I believe that Shirley has been a fighter and prayers have helped us make it this far. I really hope this new treatment works. The question will be unknown until the next CT Scan. We all agree that it is in God's hands. I pray that his hands heal Shirley.

I love you Shirley!!

Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you every day Shirley.

Anonymous said...

aunt shirley all of my love and prayers are for you and I know that you can beat this. You are the strongest person I know. I love you.
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
When my Mom had breast cancer, she did some research and found that for any sickness, you can drink 1/2-1 teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of water and it balances your PH level. When it's not balanced, that's when you get sick. Have Shirley give it a try, unless she has high blood pressure. If I even feel like I'm getting sick, I do it a few times a day. You can get PH strips at Wal Mart to check it, too...Your all always in my thoughts. My email is: dusty.hallam@bp.com.

Dusty McCool