November 19, 2008

Poem

LOVE-FAITH-HOPE

Sometimes I wake up in the night
So paralyzed by fear
Surprised, I find my shaking hand
Has brushed away a tear.

Then suddenly I'm wide awake
Awareness seeping in ----
"Oh no, dear God, I cannot face
This cancer once again!"

Then all the thoughts I dread the most
Keep going through my mind.
I toss and turn for hours
But no comfort can I find.

Then when I finally cease to fight
This battle all alone ----
And offer up a prayer for help
Your love to me is shown.

I come to know a special peace
The world can never give.
God tells me not to fear my death
Which frees me now to live.

And thank You ,Lord for showing me
Together we can cope.
A new day filled with all your love ---
With faith and trust and hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HEAR THIS FROM MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD BREAST CANCER OF WHICH 4 OF THEM ARE MY FRIENDS AND OTHERS WHO HAD FAMILY WITH THIS DISEASE. I PRAY GOD GIVES MY SISTER SHIRLEY THIS PEACE AND COMFORTS HER AND OUR HEARTS. IN JESUS NAME: AMEN