November 30, 2009

Whew....

One holiday down. The Thanksgiving Day was awesome. Beautiful day with beautiful family. The turkey and stuffing and pie were delicious. Bad dog was good dog. People were happy. But she was missing. She wasn't there. It didn't really affect me that day. I was busy running around...playing hostess. Enjoying everyone and everything. Friday...it hit me. I spent the next 3 days having a really hard time ....trying not to cry...trying to push bad memories out and let good ones in. Trying so hard to not remember what we were going through one year ago. Thankful Shirley had a good Thanksgiving...but knowing what was to come. Dreading it. And it was like it all came back. Nights have been bad. She's in my every thought.

We got Christmas decorations out and I remembered last year...I did get them out but never really decorated. I had to take care of Shirley...there was no time to decorate.

So...we will try to make it to the next holiday.

Teresa did get her passport...so I will be going to Mexico in January. This week we will get our tree and decorate....in purple. My husband came up with the idea to do a purple tree this year. In memory of Shirley. She would have loved it. I will definitely put up pictures when it is done.

And there should be pictures on here soon from Thanksgiving. I forgot the adaptor cord today...oops!!!

I hope your holiday was filled with love.

Love,

Teresa

No comments: