November 16, 2009

It's Monday....




and the week before Thanksgiving....let the stress begin!!! It just hit me last night that this will be the week that I officially start my panicing...my poor family. There is a lot to do. I think right now my count is at 25 for dinner. I would actually love to have more. You just cannot have enough family for dinner on Thanksgiving.

The weekend was busy of course. Had a great dinner and night out for Steve's mom. That's what the picture is of. We also got our picture taken with an Elvis impersonator. You never know what you will see down on the Plaza on a Saturday night. It was really a great evening.

I am trying my best to have positive thoughts and not be sad for Thanksgiving. It's taking everything I have. I did read an article on grief during the holidays. It said not to ignore that the person is gone but to acknowledge it. I agree. It is so much harder to not talk about Shirley being gone than to actually talk about it. I do cry but it feels better than keeping those emotions in. So I am really trying to find a way to acknowledge Shirley at my Thanksgiving dinner without making everyone cry. Not sure how yet.
O.K....so the weather has also taken a turn. It's wonderful. Cold and wet. Looking for some snowflakes. :) Bad Doggie is looking for snow too....

Love,

Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember to keep breathing! :) You will make it. 25 people! WOW! ;)

The pictures are great too, looks like fun

Love ya,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I love your new hair cut..it's soooo cute.

Dusty

Anonymous said...

Everyone is looking great! I wish I could be there for Thanksgiving but I am there in thought and the spirit of love for you all.
Miss and all my love to you all
Tear