November 04, 2009

Nobody wants to talk about it...

but the holidays are really going to be tough. Last year at this time...Shirley was starting to fail. We still had some hope but it was becoming obvious what was happening. Not ever losing anyone in my life this significant...I don't know how we will deal with not having her this year. This blog is a good place for me to talk about that. We are 3 weeks away from Thanksgiving and she is constantly on my mind. Especially the fact that she just will not be here for the first time in my life. Little things like not having Shirley's sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving...that hurts so much. I always would tell her to show up as early as possible so we could spend extra time together. I will say that I am not going to stop myself from crying. I hate holding that in. I hated sending out my email to invite everyone ...and her not being on that list.

How the heck am I going to get through this? I know I will...I just do not know how.

Love,

Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the first Christmas without my Dad. It took everything I had to not cry thru the whole thing. But I didn't want to ruin my kids special time, either. I made it through and so will you. It won't be easy...it's OK to be sad, but you also have an awesome family that's still here, too.

Dusty

Anonymous said...

It will be so hard for you. Hope you make it through. Have you considered grief counseling? It helped me when my twin sister died.