November 12, 2009

It was 21 years ago today...

that Steve and I got married. And everyone who knows Steve, knows how lucky I am. I remember last year that the first text message I got in the morning was from Shirley wishing me a happy anniversary. I also remember thinking that was the last time she would ever say that to me.

I'm not sure I would have ever made it through losing Shirley if it wasn't for Steve. The 9 days and nights I spent at hospice with Shirley would not have been possible. He would be there every morning and all day with me and then go home and take care of the kids and the bad doggie who was only a baby bad doggie at that time.

You have to take time to thank God for the people that he has given you...Steve is one of those people!!!! Just one. I have a lot. As Tear mentioned in the comments. I know how lucky I am. Sometimes I feel so sad and awful inside that I forget how lucky I am. But today I do know.

I love my husband more today than I ever could have imagined. I know how sad he has been since Shirley has been gone. He knew her as long as he knew me. We were all friends in school together. But he has been so strong and puts everyone else first.

Two weeks from today is Thanksgiving....aaaaahhhhhh STRESS!!!!!!

Love,

Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you!!!

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two yes Teresa as you are he is a keeper and so funny love you both , love, Aunt Con

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Steve!

My computer has been down for a couple days and I'm just know able to read last weeks posts.

I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend celebrating your love for each other! :)

Your post reminds me of the song, "When God made you He must have been thinking about me" I don't know if that's the name but that is part of the main chorus. I agree this world is so crazy and busy we don't always take the quiet times to stop and thank God for the simple things in life or the people who help us get through our struggles each day.

Tomorrow is Monday already :( Can you believe we are into another week? It was just Friday afternoon and we were all free for the weekend (or all of us who usually get weekends off). Oh well, we do thank God for still having a job and a steady income in this economy! :)

Love ya,
Tracy