April 16, 2010

I thought I would share...

We all remember Miss Val... one of Shirley's dearest co-workers and friends and one of the sweetest ladies I will ever meet in my life. She has a very strong faith in God and she helped Shirley through some of her roughest times. She prayed with Shirley and I a couple of times and it was so wonderful.

She sent me this email this morning and I thought I would share it with all of you who loved Shirley as much as Val did:


Teresa,

Just wanted to share this devotion. I lost my dearest and closet sister-in-law on Easter morning. Her death was totally unexpected and is hitting our family hard. But I know that God will bring peace and healing. My love for God and for Shirley has brought me so much peace. I think of Shirley daily and I know if she were here she would tell me to trust and have faith in God that he will give me strength to get through this. She has left such an impact in my life that I just wanted you know that. You and the family are always in my thoughts and prayers. Hope everyone is doing fine and that this devotion touches your heart and spirit.

God Bless
Valerie

Please pray for Val and her family. My heart breaks for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful of her to write that. So sorry for her family. :(

Anonymous said...

Val - So sorry to hear of your loss. May god bless you with strength! May god bless each of us with strength each day as we miss our loved ones! I love you and miss you Shirley - EVERYDAY! One of your best friends forever!

Anonymous said...

My heartfelt prayers and thoughts go out to Val and her family and for her to think of Shirley and her family during her time of need I am so blessed by people and their amazing lives that Shirley has touched. I can only hope that I can live up to my sisters devotion to her God family and friends because who she was and I miss her so much it hurts.
God bless Val and my family
Tear