April 29, 2010

Ernie Harwell

http://thanasis.com/ernie/

The above is a link to read a story about Ernie Harwell. A Sports Announcer who has bile duct cancer. He is nearing the end of his life. This tribute is to him. Walter Payton...Chicago Bears football player also had this cancer. It's odd...I am sure Shirley never thought she would share this connection with these two men. I'm sure she never knew either one of them. But being a sports fan...I do.

Anyway, Ernie Harwell lived a long, good life. That is the one difference between Shirley and him. I wish she could have lived to his age.

Love,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish so too! :( I actually met Ernie Harwell and got my picture taken with him when I was about 13yrs. He came to our church one Saturday and spoke about the Tigers and then all the people that were there went to Tiger Stadium to watch the game. It was so exciting! That was the only professional game I'd ever been to and haven't gone to another Tigers game since. We won the game that day which made it even better of course :)

Good memories...it's very sad he has this cancer but as you mentioned he was blessed to have had a chance to live as long as he did.

Tracy