April 12, 2010

Crazy Weekend

It's been a few days since I have written on here...but yet so much has happened. Life is busy and crazy all of the time.

Friday night was my baby Jake's 17th birthday. He got to go to the Royal's game. And had the best time. Steve took him to that and they had so much fun. Perfect game and perfect weather. Great dad and son bonding time.

And then Saturday we had everyone in the world over to my house for his birthday. It felt that way. We grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs. Aunt Carolyn is still in town so she came with mom and dad and grandma. I was impressed with how long Grandma made it. She sat there will all of us and listened to our stories and laughed. It was wonderful for me to have my family around me. Poor mom has been the taxi driver all week and I think when they take Aunt Carolyn to the airport today...she may go home and pass out. They run so much while she is here that they are exhausted when the visit is over.

I spent yesterday shopping with mom, Aunt Carolyn and Grandma in Weston. Didn't buy anything but the weather and the time with them was priceless. I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

When I left yesterday...I went to see my Shirley. Even with all the craziness....you stop and look around and realize that she is missing. The sadness creeps in. Alex stayed with me overnight so I did get to enjoy him. But I'm so sad. She would have loved weekends like this. And this is the second birthday she missed of Jake's. Time just seems to speed by.

My boss is back today from a 2 week vacation...not fun. But I hope that all of you have a great day.

Love,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it really stinks that the visits can't run longer than just a week! You try to cram so much into a week that you really are exhausted when it's done. I did that in a weekend when I went to see my friend in Chicago. Frank & I drove down on a Fri after work and got in really late, then had to leave early Monday morning. That was the busiest and most expensive weekend we had done in a long time...but it was fun. :)

I'm glad you had a good weekend and sounds like Jake had a really nice birthday! :)

Love,
Tracy