October 07, 2008

Update

Another late night at Chemo. But nothing really exciting to report. Shirley had her blood drawn at around 4:45 and then she started her treatment around 5:30. After we were finished up there we headed off to one of our new favorite places to eat. The Village Inn. I mean the food is really good. So now she gets a little break. No chemo next week. I would say yea!!! but the weeks she has off she doesn't feel that great. But at least it's a week off.

Little emotional today, so I better not write too much. But I do have to write about something that I thought about in the middle of the night that kept me awake for awhile. When Shirley and I were growing up, I would always sing to her. This would really annoy the heck out of her. But of course I thought it was funny. And whenever I get the chance, I still sing to her and it still annoys her...but she always laughs a little...that's why I keep doing it. Well the weekend Sam and Alex spent the night with me, I walked into my livingroom and I see Nik Noland singing away to Sam and when I looked at Sam, she looked so annoyed sitting there just rolling her eyes. It made me laugh and brought back the memory of me doing the exact same thing to Shirley. I find it so funny how things happen like that. Oh and by the way, I did tell Nik to stop... because most days, I like Sam a little more than Nik. And he definitely does not have the professional singing voice that I have.

I pray that everyone has a good week and I will pray extra hard for Shirley's nausea and pain to stay away.

Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SING A WAY TRE, MY KIDS LOVED WHEN THEY WERE YOUNGER AND I KNOW SHIRLEY MUST LOVE IT EVEN IF IT ANNOYS ANYONE.
LOVE YOU, TEAR

Anonymous said...

SHIRLEY I LOVE YOU AND PRAY THAT YOUR NEXT TWO WEEKS AE EASY ON YOU.
LOVE TEAR