October 06, 2008

Monday...Chemo

It's that time again. First of all, it's Monday...not fun. And Shirley has chemo...not fun. I guess if you are going to do stuff that is not fun...do it all in one day. It will be a late appt. today...4:00. And the real bummer is Kathy can't go today. She has a parent appreciation night with her family. She is really not happy, but we all understand that sometimes our schedules may not work out. She will definitely be missed. It may be a little quieter in the cancer center...not that she's the reason we are so loud...I'm just saying...maybe. We will definitely miss her tonight.

Shirley did not have a great weekend. She is having some pain issues but as of last night, I think that may have gotten a little better. She is very fatigued also. I talked to her several times this weekend and not once did she sound like she felt very good. I have to get her better before Wednesday night. So everyone send in a few extra prayers for her...she deserves to have a great time.

Dad did very well through his procedure on Friday. They did determine that he does need future surgery, but that overall, his heart has not gotten any worse since the last time they looked at it. He definitely tolerated the procedure great. They let him go after just a couple of hours and then Tom and Cindy, Steve and I and mom all took him out to get something to eat. Later that night, we decided to see a movie. So I would say he did awesome!!!

Everyone have a great day and until I update again....Pray for our girl to feel better!!!

Teresa

P.S. It's awesome to read these comments from people Shirley graduated with. Memories come flooding back everytime I see a new name. You guys are great and please know how much it is appreciated!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOD BLESS YOU SHIRLEY,
WISH I WAS THERE FOR YOU BUT I AM THERE IN THOUGHT. YOU AND TRE HAVE FUN WEDNESDAY.
MISS YOU GIRLS AND MOM,
LOVE TEAR LYNN

Anonymous said...

From a distance I saw a famillar face walk in the gymnasium..."Shirley I shouted" for I hadn't seen her in who knows how long...and for us to see each other in BFE Perry, KS at a high school volleyball tournament seemed a little weird!! I now know it was fate...I was giving Shirley the usually razzing that I do teasing her about why she was late to the tourney...when she dropped the bomb on me...(Wasn't that a song in the 80's or something)anyway, needless to say I was in shock to hear of her illness. I asked her why she hadn't told us and she said she didn't know how...well missy look out...Now that Kristi and I and Ang know we will be there for you for ANYTHING you need. You are a dear friend of ours and we hold many happy memories with you and plan on holding many, many MORE!! Kristi and I are barely 15 minutes away and Ang will be there with no hesitation in a momments notice! We promise not to make you insert a hot dog in a beer bottle or anything like that...but I think that is a hidden talent you should add to your profile...WE HAVE PICTURES TO PROVE IT!!! Take care sweetie and call us...for those of you that don't have our numbers let me give them to you (913)745-5007 (h) 913-220-5332 Kristi cell and 913-526-1707 Paige cell

We love you Shirley!!

Paige & Kristi