August 19, 2008

A Tiny Peek Into Our Chemo World...






So I will just start off today saying that Shirley's tumor markers are down to 69. Now they tell us not to look at that number too closely, and we really try not to. But Shirley has felt really good lately, she looks really good, her scans came out good and her markers are down. Besides asking for her cancer to be completely gone, we couldn't ask for much more.

I completely believe in my heart that things happen for a reason. I really don't like to think that God gave Shirley cancer for ANY reason. But I will cherish this time with Mom, Shirley and Kathy for the rest of my life. I was almost looking forward to going just to see them. Things are as good as they can be right now I think with Shirley's health, and I am so grateful for that. I think for the most part, we have all come out of our shock of this whole situation and are just enjoying life with each other. I am so thankful that some of the anger is gone. And I say some, because there is still a lot. But I am burying that for now and moving on. Kathy said today that we are taking this "week by week". And that is true. And that is o.k. Nobody's life is perfect and everybody has to deal with something. This is what we have to deal with and for now we are doing a pretty good job. (as you can tell in the pictures).

I may not always be this positive in the future, but for now I am. They said they will do another CT scan in 6 weeks. So until then....Stay Postive and keep praying!!!! Pray that Shirley will get through this week the best she can, and that Mike's body will start to heal.

3 comments:

g said...

Shirley, you look great! Hang in there baby! You and your family can conquer the world!
Teresa, I love you for doing this. Well, I love you anyway, but you are something else. You have stirred people to pray, to look closer at what's really important, and to know it's not so much the circumstances and situations we find ourselves in, but the manner in which we respond to them. You all have stood strong and are standing together as one family, praying, fighting, caring, loving. May you all be so blessed, as you are such great blessings to us all.
love,
g

Anonymous said...

You four women are kooky, in a good way though. I miss you all so much and wish i was there to help in some way. But my prayers and love for you Shirley are first and formost important in my day. You look great, as always. Your demeaner on the outside never changes you have that wonderful smile and laugh that up lifts everyone even though inside you are not feeling well.
Miss and love you ,Mike and the kids. Love to all, Tear

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sharon for your wonderful comments. You have been great support for us. We couldn't keep going without family & friends.