August 11, 2008

Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Dan


Our family normally doesn't need a reason to get together for a lot of food and fun, but yesterday we did have a reason. My Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Dan came to town from Michigan. My Aunt Carolyn made my mother a beautiful blanket that had "sisters" stuff all over it. My mom loved it - she said it made her cry. And we cry a lot lately anyway, so why not cry over that.

My brother Tommy grilled the chicken and pork chops and the rest of us brought the sides. So much food, but it was delicious.

Shirley was feeling really good yesterday and this is her week off!!! Yea!!!! It's nice to have that week of no chemo, but I did realize when I hugged her goodbye yesterday, how much I would miss seeing her. And how much I would miss the time with my mom and Kathy. Shirley did say that we could meet for lunch this week, so I think that will be much better than meeting for chemo.

It was a wonderful day Sunday and I was sad when I left everyone. I love them all so much.

I have had Thanksgiving at my house for the past 8 years. And usually I have everyone at my house for dinner and dessert. Shirley and Mike have to alternate dinner at my house and Mike's parents house every year. Well up until last week I thought that this year would be the year Shirley would only be at my house for dessert. Then I realized, NOOOOO, it's my year to have Shirley at my dinner. It made me so happy and I am already looking forward to the holidays. I know it's early, but it's my favorite time of year...so it's never too early to start planning.

Everyone have a wonderful week!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture. My only question is which one is Dan?

Sounds like the fair was hot and fun. I think Karen and I went to the fair one year when we were up.

Thinking of you guys always.