August 04, 2008

Not Chemo Day....Chemo Night

I would say changing our time to the late afternoon was a great idea. We got to the center at 4:00 and were gone by 6:40. That late in the day, they are ready to get you in and out. And trust me, they were really ready to get rid of us. We were laughing so hard by the time we left, I'm surprised security was not called. We did find out that we have a relative named Donald Duck, that you should say "kiddy corner" and not "caddy corner". Oh, it's all too much to really go into, but trust me, these women are ridiculous. I wonder to myself everytime I am with them, that even after knowing them for 40 years - we still have so much to talk about. We talk non-stop the entire time we are there, and we can still make each other laugh as hard as we do.

After we left chemo, we wanted to go to Stroud's but of course, the line was out the door. So we ended up at Don Chilitos. Delicious!!! And really nothing unusual there except for the fact that a few "intimate" details were discussed. I was told I could not put them on the blog, but mom and Kathy will know exactly what I am talking about. And it's dirty. That's all I'm going to say. Shirley and I were absolutely horrified (well, I was anyway....Shirley was enjoying it...maybe it was the drugs).

It was a great way to end a day. I love my mom and sisters so much and will never get tired of spending this time with them. If life was perfect, it would not be spent at the Cancer Center, but that's the way it is. And I think we have all accepted that. We have proven that Cancer cannot take away your sense of humor. We all definitely still have that.

Shirley, get through this week the best you can. And then next week...NO CHEMO!!!

Quack, Quack

Teresa:)

P.S. Sorry if you don't get everything I am writing about, but I know Shirley, Kathy and Mom will be laughing as soon as they read it. And feel free to ask them what we were actually talking about....Hmmmmmm!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL, MOM AND KATHY YOU GO GIRLS. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE CONVERSATION. AND I AM ONLY HAPPY THAT YOU FOUR ARE GROWING TOGTHER. I AM GLAD THAT TERESA HAS THIS PAGE SO THAT I FEEL CLOSER AND INCLUDED IN THIS GIRL DAY OUT.
HUMOR IS THE BEST MEDICINE AND THE FOUR OF YOU TOGETHER, MOM I AM SURPRISED AT YOU FOR BEIBG A RING LEADER. LOOK OF WHAT YOU CREATED THERE. WOOHOO! TO MOM.
ALL MY LOVE TO THE FOUR WOMEN WHO MEAN SO MUCH TO ME.
TEAR

Anonymous said...

HI SHIRLEY AND SISTERS,
TRE THIS IS SUCH A GOOD THING YOU HAVE DONE WITH THIS SITE. MY CO-WORKERS SISTER-N-LAW (HER BROTHERS WIFE) LIVE IN FLORIDA AND FOUND OUT AFTER BEIBG TREATED FOR 3MONTHS OF WHAT THE DOCTORS THOUGHT WAS CAT SCRATCH FEVER, WENT TO ANOTHER DOCTOR AND HAS A RARE BREAST CANCER. SHE MAY HAVE A YEAR WITH OUT HELP AND UP TO 5 YEARS WITH HELP. I TOLD THEM OF YOUR PROGRESS AND TOLD THEM TO SEEK EVERY AVENUE AS MY SISTER DID AND CHECK OUT THIS BLOG.
YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION, LOVE YOU TEAR