February 22, 2010

Monday Morning...

and it's the same thing every Monday. I get on the internet and check all of the cancer patients blogs that I read. I read them all week but I normally do not read them on the weekend. So I'm always catching up on Monday. There are about 10 that I read. Several of them have the same type of cancer Shirley had but many of them have different types of cancers. And they are people of all different ages. I'm not sure why I do that. I know that I miss taking care of Shirley. I worried every single day for so long what I could do to make her feel better or what she needed...maybe that is why I read them. There are so many people out there doing that every day. My time of doing that is over. I would have done that for 100 more years if I could have. And my heart just breaks for these people. I pray for them and hope for a better outcome than what we had. Some of them I know won't get that.

I still have not gotten my new Shirley bracelet. I ordered it a while back and I know that this organization is small and run by volunteers. I'm trying to be patient...but it is hard.

My mom was still sick Saturday so we did not get to play cards. Hopefully we can reschedule that in a couple of weeks. We ended up at Joe and Kelly's and had a great time over there. Kelly and I got some girl talk in which is always good.

I will get to have dinner with my girlfriends this week. That always makes Teresa have a better week. And Saturday...well....it will be an emotional day for me. Just like every year on this day. My girl turns 20. Kelsey Ann's birthday is Saturday!!!! Friday night we are all going out for pizza to celebrate. She is sooo excited. The great thing about having Kelsey is every year it's like having a little kid's birthday. She is so much fun.

The bad dog...needs groomed. The snow and ice gets into his hair between his little toes and he is just gnawing at it.

Tomorrow....well by now you all know I hate the 23rd. For as long as I live, I will hate that day. But I am hoping for a great week. For me and for all of you!!!!

Love,

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping for a great week too :)

Everyone in the snow...be careful!

Love
Tracy