September 02, 2008

Labor Day






The 3 day weekend is over. :( But a lot was accomplished and we had a lot of fun. Shirley and I spent Saturday organizing and cleaning her basement. I think we got most of it done and I hope she feels better about that situation.

The kids spent a lot of time at Grandma and Grandpa's and hopefully got some stuff done that Grandpa needed done. I know that from the stories they tell me, they had a blast. We all spent Sunday afternoon at Tom and Cindy's...where else. One last swim for the summer. And a wonderful cook out. Lots of family, food and beer. My kind of day. I think we should also end the summer thanking Tom and Cindy for allowing us to spend so much time over there enjoying their pool and they always end up cooking all the meat. It's a lot of work for a family of our size and I'm not sure they get thanked enough for that. So I will do it here for everyone because I know everyone feels the same way. You guys are awesome. And the best part was Brandon surprised everyone and came home for the weekend. I know that made Cindy happy.

So no Chemo this week ....which is probably good, Shirley needs the break. I know she has not felt the best lately. She puts on a good front for everyone, but I know. I think 5 or 6 months of poison being put in any of our bodies would make us not feel very good. We do go see the doctor on Thursday just for the normal checkup and then start chemo next Monday again.

Mom, Shirley, Sam, Kelsey and I all went to a place called Old Time Pottery in Independence yesterday. It was a really nice place and had tons of holiday stuff out. Can't wait for the holidays!!!! My favorite time of year. My kids tell me that they almost enjoy Thanksgiving as much as they do Christmas. They are learning to appreciate family. And I promise everyone that more than ever I am so thankful for all of you and all that we have. I know we all are.

Love,

Teresa


No comments: